Grassy Park police participated in efforts to rid communities of drugs. Last night the members arrested four suspects for dealing of drugs.
The police acted on information about a white Volkswagen Caddy that was reportedly transporting drugs. The members spotted the vehicle in Plantation Road, Grassy Park. Upon seeing the marked police vehicle, the driver sped off, a high-speed chase ensued, and the vehicle was pulled over.
Upon searching the vehicle, police found two plastic bags containing 70 units of tik, 150 units of heroin and 100 mandrax tablets worth R15 000. Three suspects aged 21, 29 and 37 were arrested.
In another incident, at last night, a 39-year-old male was arrested when a white Opel Corsa LDV was pulled over.
The vehicle was searched and police found a bag containing 700 mandrax tablets, Tik and 195 heroin straws, eight grams of heroin with an estimated street value of R70 000.
All suspects will appear in the Wynberg Magistrate’s Court on charges of dealing in drugs once charged.
- PICTURES: Two Women From Zimbabwe With Explosives Arrested In Limpopo
- Gauteng Traffic Police recovers vehicle after suspects abandoned it close to a construction site (Pictures)
- Shootout at a rugby club in Pongola, KwaZulu-Nata: Two persons already dead and few arrested
- Child of Hon. Lesufi arrested for possession of chrystalmeth at Sapphire Secondary School in Bophelong (Pictures)
- 87 Persons Face Thorough Questioning After The Massacre Of Nine Illegal Miners In Matholesville