Grayston Preparatory School in Sandton is already closed down for the day, after one of its teachers who had contact with 10 people who recently returned from Italy. Three people in the group of 10 have tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Grayston teacher is reportedly in isolation and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases contacted the teacher to request a test.
Gauteng education spokesperson Steve Mabona said the department was informed about the school’s closure on Monday. He added that officials would go to the school to get further information.
Mabona said the health department would be best suited to give further direction in the case.
Oil fell by the most since 1991 on Monday after Saudi Arabia started a price war with Russia by slashing its selling prices and pledging to unleash its pent-up supply onto a market reeling from falling demand because of the coronavirus outbreak.
Lwazi Manzi, the spokesperson for Health Minister Zweli Mkhize, told News24 that they were aware of the closure and would shed more light later on Monday.
On Thursday, it was confirmed that a 38-year-old Hilton businessman who was part of the Italy travel group was South Africa’ s first coronavirus patient.
A 39-year-old woman from Gauteng, who was part of the same group, also tested positive, Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said on Saturday.
Then, on Sunday, the health ministry announced that the wife of the first coronavirus patient had also tested positive.
- 38-year-old Man who had traveled to Italy with his wife arrives South Africa in March tested positive to Coronavirus
- Where in South Africa is the 38 yr-old man that tested positive to Coronavirus in KwaZulu-Natal stays
- Coronavirus Updates: Cases in South Africa hit the double-digits as 6 new cases have now been confirmed by Minister of Health (Picture)
- Non of the South Africans coming back from China are infected with coronavirus – China’s ambassador to South Africa, Lin Songtian speaks
- Watch as SANDF soldiers heads to Wuhan to bring back 122 South Africans from Wuhan