Lesotho first lady, Maesaiah who went into hiding, was apparently in Ficksburg, in the Free State, just showed up recently at the police station.
She fled Lesotho on January 10 after police had summoned her for questioning for the murder of Lipolelo who was gunned down by unknown assailants in 2017, just two days before the inauguration of Thabane.
She arrived on Tuesday morning accompanied by her lawyer, hours later she was then whisked away to the Maseru Central Charge Office where she spend some time inside.
Police spokesperson Superintendent Mpiti Mopeli said Maesaiah had come back upon arrangement between the two parties.
“The First Lady brokered talks with the police over the weekend and it was agreed that she should come for the initial questioning which she had fled away from.
“It would therefore not be appropriate that she handed herself over to the police because she still hasn’t made any confession.
“It is also still sketchy as to what will happen after this because the directorate of public prosecutions is yet to draft a charge sheet and maybe give a directive as to what should happen,” Mopeli said.
“The finalisation of the interrogation is the one that will determine whether she is kept in custody or she will be granted bail.”
Police had obtained a warrant of her arrest three weeks ago from Maseru Magistrate’s Court and subsequently declared her a wanted person on January 15th.
Maesaiah is expected to appear in court later today.
- 87 Persons Face Thorough Questioning After The Massacre Of Nine Illegal Miners In Matholesville
- #TazneVanWyk, #RIPTazne – Tazne van Wyk Is Dead, Body Found In A Stormwater Pipe (Photo)
- Gauteng Police On Hunt Spree For Armed Men Who Shot And Killed Man Near Joburg Mosque
- Gauteng Traffic Police recovers vehicle after suspects abandoned it close to a construction site (Pictures)
- Grassy Park police arrested 3 suspects for dealing in drugs (Pictures)