The High Court in Pretoria has ruled against the removal of Stevens Mokgalapa as Tshwane Mayor. The judgment was delivered a short while ago.
Watch The Report Below:-
City of Tshwane Mayor Stevens Mokgalapa and Speaker Katlego Mathebe will retain their positions for just a little longer.
On Friday, the High Court in Pretoria ruled that the matter involving the motions of no confidence in Mokgalapa and Mathebe would be heard as a matter of urgency.
The Democratic Alliance (DA) approached the court after Mokgalapa and Mathebe were voted out, claiming the processes the council followed were flawed. The vote was taken after Mokgalapa was embroiled in a controversy involving an audio clip alleged to be of sexual nature. The Economic Freedom Fighters declined to support the DA in retaining them, voting instead to remove the pair.
In Friday’s judgment, the High Court in Pretoria ruled that all decisions made on 5 December at the council sitting – including Mokgalapa and Mathebe’s removals – were to be set aside pending the outcome of the urgent review into the proceedings.
On 6 December, the High Court in Pretoria suspended the passing of motions of no confidence in Mokgalapa and council Mathebe, pending the urgent court application.
- Punjab girl married a Muslim man of her own free will and converted to Islam for him
- Residents west of Pretoria are fed-up after yet another water cut, Thousands of residents are affected.
- SA Airlink Plans To Sue South African Airways (SAA) For R700 Million Over An Outstanding Air Fares
- #TazneVanWyk, #RIPTazne – Tazne van Wyk Is Dead, Body Found In A Stormwater Pipe (Photo)
- 44yr-old Warrant Officer working at the Hawks killed & 3 civilians wounded following a CIT Robbery within the Mahikeng area in the North West Province