And finally the Department of Basic Education (DBE) has released the matric results for the 2019 cohort with the group achieving a pass rate of 81.3%.
A total of 787,717 candidates entered for the November 2019 NSC examination. This number was made up of 616,754 full time and 170,963 part-time candidates.
A total of 790,405 candidates sat for 147 question papers in 7,416 examination centres nationwide. A further 212 learners wrote at correctional facilities.
“We’ve got a very big system. We have more than 12 million learners in more than 26,000 schools. What is gratifying is that South African parents, rich and poor, continue to have confidence in the public school system because of your performance,” said basic education minister, Angie Motshekga.
This was the sixth cohort of candidates to write the NSC examination that is aligned to the national Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS), a curriculum which is benchmarked against international standards.
Motshekga said that the overall candidate performance in the November 2019 NSC has improved significantly compared to the previous years.
Matric Result Symbols – What Do They Mean?
- Code 7 (A Symbol): 80 – 100%
- Code 6 (B Symbol): 70 – 79%
- Code 5 (C Symbol): 60 – 69%
- Code 4 (D Symbol): 50 – 59%
- Code 3 (E Symbol): 40 – 49%
- Code 2 (F Symbol): 30 – 39%
- Code 1 (FF Symbol): 0 – 29%
- Is out !! The system is on the rise Matric pass rate hits 80%
- When Will Matric Results 2020 Be Released? See Release Date South Africa
- Free State at 88.4% #MatricResults2019 Congratulations Ntate Tate Makgoe.
- SANDF Application Forms 2020, Closing Date, PDF, Recruitment, Requirements – www.dod.mil.za
- Two grade 8 pupil in Phala Secondary school located in Broekman village have died after a table collapsed on them while in the school libary