Police have arrested two women after explosives were found in their possession in Thohoyandou Limpopo. They received a tip-off about the suspects from Zimbabwe who were in possession of explosives destined for Gauteng. Value: R1.2m
The two people matching the description of the suspects were spotted in one of the lodges in Thohoyandou and their movements were constantly monitored,” said Capt Matimba Maluleke.
“The suspects were arrested as they about to board a bus to Gauteng.”
The illegal explosives were then found in their possession.
The women, who had allegedly entered South Africa illegally, are set to appear in the Thohoyandou Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.
They will face charges of unlawful possession of explosives and contravention of the Immigration Act, said Matimba.
See Photos Below:-
- Child of Hon. Lesufi arrested for possession of chrystalmeth at Sapphire Secondary School in Bophelong (Pictures)
- Grassy Park police arrested 3 suspects for dealing in drugs (Pictures)
- 87 Persons Face Thorough Questioning After The Massacre Of Nine Illegal Miners In Matholesville
- Over 145 persons arrested during illegal firearm operations in Drban – SAPS
- Shootout at a rugby club in Pongola, KwaZulu-Nata: Two persons already dead and few arrested