Her name is Jagjeet Kaur, a Sikh woman from Nankana Sahib in Punjab on Thursday said that she had married a Muslim man of her own free will and converted to Islam for him, reported The News.
Jagjeet while in court admitted to marring Muhammad Hassaan on her free will and wished to stay with him.
The petitioner claimed that his sister was not of age to take decisions about her marriage or religious conversion of her own accord. Justice Syed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi also allowed petitioner Manmohan Singh to have a meeting with his sister in the court.
After the meeting, Kaur told the court that her brother tried to persuade her to go back home but she did not want to go with him. The girl was given the name of Ayesha after her conversion.
Singh claimed that his sister was under pressure and needed to be given more time to make a final decision. The investigating officer in the case also asked the court to adjourn proceedings in light of the law and order situation in the area.
Angry protesters had last week had become embroiled in a scuffle with the police in Nankana Sahib over the arrest of some unidentified individuals in a case involving the marriage of a young couple. The protesters had dispersed after negotiations with the government who assured them of justice.
- Court grants Nonhlahla Dolly Dlamini’s boyfriend Moguy bail after beating her to death, see their reasons (Pictures)
- Who Is Makhanani Maganye? Makhanani Maganye Bio, Wiki, Death
- RIP Vuyo floods the social media as Kaybee Molotsi, the woman who’s charged to court for the murder of his boyfriend is freed
- Slain UKZN Student, Simukelo Zondi Killed By His Roommate Buried Today
- Tony Gupta gave me R500,000 – Former SAA chief executive Vuyisile Kona Reveals