Members of EFF were on Tuesday unceremoniously removed from the Eastern Cape provincial legislature ahead of premier Oscar Mabuyane’s state of the province address after complaints that they were inappropriately dressed in their trademark red overalls.
EFF MPLs violently chucked out of the Eastern Cape Legislature where Premier is Oscar Mabuyane is delivering his SOPA pic.twitter.com/U71TcwZKH2
— Active Citizen Agenda🤾🏽♂️🇿🇦 (@ZwangaMukhuthu) February 25, 2020
After a heated exchange, the members ignored speaker Helen Sauls-August’s instruction to leave the house and a scuffle began as security tried to forcefully remove them from the house, DispatchLIVE reported.
DA provincial leader Nqaba Bhanga took exception, saying that the Eastern Cape should avoid repeating the chaos at the North West state of the province address; where EFF MPLs were assaulted after interrupting premier Job Mokgoro during his address.
Sauls-August then demanded that Bhanga himself also leave, which he refused to do.
Security staff then forcibly removed the EFF members while Bhanga remained. Sauls-August said she would refer Bhanga to the ethics committee for his refusal to leave the house.
- See Ernest Cossa from Mozambique who is selling Diepkloof houses using guns evicting house owners claiming he has bought the house
- Free State at 88.4% #MatricResults2019 Congratulations Ntate Tate Makgoe.
- SONA2020: This is why the EFF in Parliament demanded that De Klerk be removed from the house (VIDEO)
- Grenade Attack on Indian Security Forces in Srinagar kills one civilian
- #TazneVanWyk, #RIPTazne – Tazne van Wyk Is Dead, Body Found In A Stormwater Pipe (Photo)