A Kenyan journalist by name Hesborn Etyang who is working with The Star newspaper was on Friday, January 3, was beaten up by bouncers in a hotel in Turkana county.
The young man, was allegedly rough handled at a hotel identified as Stegra Hotel where he holidaying.
The journalist who is currently The Star correspondent in Turkana County explained that while relaxing he noticed a child appearing to be drowning at the hotel’s pool took pictures.
Watch The Video Below..
When the hotel’s management learned of his act, he alleges they accosted him, demanding that he delete the photos.
“When I took the photos of the incident as it was my duty as a news reporter, the bouncers beat me up and squeezed my hand to make sure I had deleted the photographs,” Etyang narrated.
Journalists in the county held a demonstration demanding that the scribe’s assaulters be arrested.
Incidences of journalists being assaulted in the line of work have featured in the past attracting outrage from members of the profession in a country that boasts one of the freer media environments in the region.
- Enca Fires Journalist, Samkelo Maseko
- Sick man dies when ferried to the hospital using blankets due to bad road
- South African Photographer, Santu Mofokeng Is Dead
- Focalistic Ft. Vigro Deep – Star
- Skolopad Shocks Audience At The 11th annual Feather Awards With Her Unusual White Feathers Dress (Pictures)