South African goverment has promised to invest R1.4 billion in each of rail way lines to provide, a safe, reliSable and affordable service.
The information came hours during SONA2020 on Thursday through the office of Mr president Cyril Ramaphosa.
While speaking through the minister for transport,Mr Mbalula Fikile said that the work is already underway on other lines includes station upgrades, parkway replacements, new signalling systems and overhead electrical traction upgrades,”.
- SONA2020 Live streaming, Parliament Speech and Full Updates
- Eskom Chairman Jabu Mabuza has Resigned with Immediate effect
- Coronavirus: “The people we are bringing back form China are all healthy and not sick” – President Ramaphosa assures South Africans
- Why They Freed Convicted Racist, Vicki Momberg – Report Via
- BREAKING NEWS: Stage 4 load shedding after Koeberg unit 1 trips, Human error involved – Eskom