25-year-old television actor Sejal Sharma allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Mira Road in the neighbouring Thane district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
She was found hanging from the ceiling of her rented flat in Mira Road.
Television actor Sejal Sharma was found hanging from the ceiling of her rented flat in Royal Nest society at Mira Road (east) by a friend in the early hours of Friday, an official said.
Sharma was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival, he added.
The police have recovered a suicide note, in which Sharma has stated that she was taking the extreme step due to personal reasons, the official said.
A native of Udaipur in Rajasthan, Sharma had come to Mumbai a few years ago to pursue a career in acting, and was working in the TV serial ‘Dil Toh Happy Hain Ji’, he said.
Following an autopsy, the actor’s body was handed over to her family for last rites, the official said, adding that a case of accidental death has been registered at Mira Road police station.
- Meet Nkunzi – What You Need To Know About Him
- Caroline Flack Suicide? What Killed Her? Cause Of Death – Ex-Love Island Host, Caroline Glack Has Passed Away
- Strange!! Lifeless Body Of A Stowaway Discovered In The Landing Gear Of An Air Plane Flying From Ivory Coast To Paris
- Grassy Park police arrested 3 suspects for dealing in drugs (Pictures)
- Who Is Bontle Modiselle – Biography, Wiki, Education, Career, Age