From this you will see that the take-home pay is not as big as you thought it might be, but it is still generous. The R1.1m salary is actually the package, while the basic salary is about R600,000 p a.
The Public Office allowance pays for more general, claimable expenses such as phone used in course of duty, travel to and from constituency, and so on.
The various allowances designated in the slip are payable upon receipt of valid claims against expenditure. So the Parliamentary allowance is payable if claims are made for genuine, receipted expenses incurred in the course of the Parliamentary activities.
- SA Airlink Plans To Sue South African Airways (SAA) For R700 Million Over An Outstanding Air Fares
- Dr. Sebi Was Sued By NY Attorney General for His Claims To Cure HIV & All Diseases
- Phindile UJ Student, Security Hacker Who Hacked University Website & Gave Herself Distinctions Trends Online
- Non of the South Africans coming back from China are infected with coronavirus – China’s ambassador to South Africa, Lin Songtian speaks
- Sick man dies when ferried to the hospital using blankets due to bad road