Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, who have never revealed what he discussed with Paul Pogba in Dubai last week, has insisted that it was “pure chance”.
Manchester United star Pogba, who has been in Dubai as part of his recovery from an ankle problem, was pictured meeting Zidane during his trip to the region for the Dubai Artificial Intelligence in Sport (DAIS) Conference and Exhibition.
Pogba was heavily linked with a move to Madrid in the previous transfer window, after indicating he wanted a new challenge and it is likely the France international will be the subject of rumours once more in January.
“It was pure chance,” he told a news conference on Friday when asked about the meeting.
“He was there and I was doing the talk and, as we know each other, we spoke. But it’s personal – I’m not going to tell you what we talked about.
“We’ve known each other for a long time, we crossed paths, we stopped, and we talked.
“There are a lot of options, for every club [in January]. When we come to this date, the clubs will decide. We’re going to play with 11 players tomorrow [Saturday, against Real Mallorca] and there will be players on the bench. We’ll find a solution.
“We’ll be able to sign players until the end of January, but what matters to me is the game [against Mallorca]. I’m not thinking about reinforcements. That’s a long way off.”
- Tony Gupta gave me R500,000 – Former SAA chief executive Vuyisile Kona Reveals
- Roger Federer survived an epic five-set marathon to seal his 100th Australian Open
- Lovely Pictures: Vanessa Morgan Is Married To Michael Kopech And She Looks So Beautiful
- Punjab girl married a Muslim man of her own free will and converted to Islam for him
- Cutting Edge Nokuthula Broadcasting Live Tuesdays By 9:30