The body of Tazne van Wyk, 8, who went missing two weeks ago, has been found in a stormwater pipe outside Worcester, Western Cape police confirmed on Thursday morning.
The suspect, who was arrested in the Eastern Cape on Monday night, and transported back to Cape Town on a kidnapping charge, led detectives to the gruesome discovery late on Wednesday evening, said Brigadier Novela Potelwa.
She said the 54-year-old man would be charged with murder and is expected to appear in the Goodwood Magistrate’s Court on Friday.
“As the investigation unfolds, the possibility of the suspect facing additional charges cannot be ruled out,” she said.
“Meanwhile, the parents of Tazne have just been informed of the discovery and they are receiving counselling.”
- Decomposed Body Of Intern Doctor Found In Boyfriend’s Apartment
- Lucas Phasha Appears At The Mecklenburg Magistrate Court For Killing His 4 children (Photos)
- Slain UKZN Student, Simukelo Zondi Killed By His Roommate Buried Today
- RIP Vuyo floods the social media as Kaybee Molotsi, the woman who’s charged to court for the murder of his boyfriend is freed
- Is Stevens Mokgalapa Still The Tshwane Mayor After High Court Ruling?