Where Is Centurion Cricket Ground In South Africa? Where Is Where Is Centurion Cricket Ground Located In South Africa?
Centurion Cricket Ground also known as Supersport park is a cricket ground located in centurion, Gauteng, South Africa.
The Titans cricket team, have played most of their home games here since 2004. The ground was home to the Titan’s predecessor team Northerns (cricket team) (previously Northern Transvaal) since 1986.
This ground was a venue for 2003 Cricket World Cup and the Indian Premier League 2009 which took place in South Africa.
It was also selected as a venue for ICC Champions Trophy 2009 and hosted the final on 5 October 2009, one of the greatest achievements for this stadium. Sachin Tendulkar also scored his 50th Test Match century on this ground.
It hosted an Australian rules football practice match in 2008 between Carlton and Fremantle.
Supersport Park also hosted a domestic and continental Sixes tournament, where home side, the Titans, came out on top in the domestic competition, and South Africa winning the continental competition against Kenya in the final.
From the summer of 2018/19, the ground usually hosts a Boxing Day Test.
Pictures Of Centurion Cricket Ground In South Africa
- African Cup Of Nation Qualification Match 2020: Bafana Bafana Trains Ahead Of Match On Thursday In Ghana
- Where in South Africa is the 38 yr-old man that tested positive to Coronavirus in KwaZulu-Natal stays
- Graphic Video: Nigerian Man In South Africa Kills Another Nigerian In A Bloody Fight While Police Watch
- Non of the South Africans coming back from China are infected with coronavirus – China’s ambassador to South Africa, Lin Songtian speaks
- KFC Wedding Is Secret, Venue Unknown – Couple Says It’s Only For Family Members & Friends