Racist Vicki Momberg has been freed after she was released from Sun City Prison in Johannesburg on Friday afternoon.
The former real estate agent was found guilty of four counts of crimen injuria after she called a black police officer the k-word 48 times when he came to her aid following a smash-and-grab incident in 2016.
The rant was captured in a video that went viral on social media.
Momberg was later sentenced to two years in jail, with an additional one year suspended in March 2018 in the Randburg Magistrate’s Court.
Why Was Racist, Vicki Momberg Released
She was later granted bail, pending the outcome of her appeal against her conviction and sentence which was subsequently dismissed.
Sukdeo believed her release might be as a result of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s decision to grant approximately 14 000 inmates remission of sentence.
Ramaphosa announced this while he was speaking at the Day of Reconciliation celebrations in Bergville, KwaZulu-Natal. He said the move was part of “established international practice” and would grant special remission of sentence to sentenced offenders, probationers and parolees, News24 reported.
- Who Is Kanya Cekeshe? Fees Must Fall activist Kanya Cekeshe Finally Freed
- 20yrs -old man killed when he was struck by an SUV on Barrage Road in Vereeniging
- Between Sjava & Lady Zamar one has to go to jail, who do yo choose
- When Will Matric Results 2020 Be Released? See Release Date South Africa
- A Star Of David And 9/11 Signs Inscribed On Oddbins Store In Hampstead